Dating in college is no piece of cake – it can be nerve-wracking, expensive, and difficult to find the perfect location to spend time with your significant other. And with few places in State College that scream date potential – you have to get a little creative! Here are some of the best date spots at Penn State that will be sure to make for a great, romantic night:
1. Hike Mount Nittany Only a 15-minute drive from campus, Mount Nittany is the perfect day or night time activity. Once you reach the top, the views are astounding and super romantic.
2. Lunch at Roots Natural Cafe This natural kitchen, a new hotspot downtown, is a great place to try for the first time together (especially if you both like healthy food!)
3. Burger Field and Tap A few miles from campus and often busy during the dinner hour – the mouthwatering burgers and shakes make this place worth it. While this restaurant is more on the pricier side, it’s a cute place to get dressed up for a nice dinner out!
4. Happy Valley Mini Golf Located about 3 miles from campus, this 18-hole miniature golf course is the perfect chance for some healthy competition.
5. Brunch at the Naked Egg Café After a night out or before a full day of classes – nothing beats sharing some delicious eggs and coffee with your significant other.
6. Ice Skating at Pegula There’s no better way to bond (and laugh!) than to watch each other fall…on ice! Pegula Ice Arena offers public skating sessions throughout the week.
7. Pottery Painting Located downtown next to Dunkin Donuts, 2000 Degrees offers a great way to get crafty with your significant other. Just pick out a piece of pottery and paint it however you like!
8. F45 or Orange Theory Workout class This may seem like a stretch - BUT it’s a great way to bring out the competition in each other (and both offer free trial classes!)
9. Attend a Sports Game Calling all sports lovers! Tickets to games are pretty cheap and easy to get your hands on last minute. This is a great way to connect over your love for the same sport.
10. Ice Cream at the Creamery And finally…a classic! Bonding over ice cream is the perfect way to get to know each other (and now you’ll know their favorite flavor ice cream too!)